Carrier Johnson + CULTURE
• Quality personnel. The Carrier Johnson team has extensive experience working on civic center projects. Mr. Gordon Carrier, co-founder and design principal, will be directly responsible to the City for delivering expert services. The combined tenures of the Project Executive/Project Manager, Project Architect, and Project Designer represent 80 years of industry experience.
• Experience. Carrier Johnson brings a breadth of experience in the successful delivery of public projects. Since its inception, the firm has designed over 45 million square feet of space, including more than 4 million square feet of municipal space. Past projects include the City of Vista Civic Center, City of Chula Vista Civic Center Complex, City of San Jose – Edenvale Community Center, City of Murrieta Senior Center, and the County of Stanislaus – Gallo Performing Arts Center.
• Stability. Established in 1977, Carrier Johnson currently employs 61 professionals, maintaining offices in Orange County and San Diego.
• Distinguishing skills and services. Carrier Johnson’s vision for the Civic Center – connecting to existing surroundings, blending function with aesthetics, and delivering enduring civic and social value – is aligned with the guiding planning principles adopted by the City Council in 2011. Incorporated in its vision is a focus on walkability, sustainability, and adaptability. Carrier Johnson will promote the City’s values through planning, architecture, and landscape initiatives.
• Quality personnel. The Bernards team offers a broad spectrum of experience in construction management. To ensure consistency throughout the project, Bernards has reserved a seasoned team to work solely on the Lake Forest project from kick-off to occupancy. The combined tenures of the Project Executive, Senior Project Manager, and Superintendent represent over 80 years of industry experience.
• Experience. Bernards offers extensive experience in the successful delivery of public agency building projects using the CM-Multi Prime delivery method. Past projects include the Atascadero City Hall, Calabasas Civic Center, Camarillo Library, and the Corona City Hall.
• Proven stability and financial strength. Founded in 1974, Bernards is a nationally ranked, multidisciplinary commercial builder and construction management company with a regional office in Irvine. Bernards has bonding capacity in excess of $1B.
• Distinguishing skills and services. Bernards applies a multi-pronged approach to the design phase utilizing constructability reviews, value engineering, and cost estimating. Based upon past performance, the variation between the final project estimate provided by Bernards estimators and actual bids received averages 2.5%. Bernards combines thorough estimating and strategic bid packaging to attract the highest quality of work for the best prices. With over 40 plus years of construction experience, Bernards will implement management processes that facilitate the sharing of information across all stakeholders. During construction, the Project Manager and his field team will provide full-time monitoring of on-site activities.