The City offers small and large meeting rooms available for rent by local businesses, non-profit organizations, and public agencies. The Sports Park offers two small meeting rooms that may be rented individually or combined to form one large meeting room. City Hall offers one large meeting room ("Community Room") that has a kitchen for catered events. Please contact Chris Hunter for questions or reservations regarding the meeting rooms.
1. Reservations for meeting rooms at City Hall or the Sports Park (collectively, "City Facilities") are limited to non-profit organizations that are comprised primarily of Lake Forest residents, Lake Forest businesses, and public agencies, as provided herein.
2. For purposes of this Policy, non-profit organizations include entities organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and regulations thereunder. These organizations must include a minimum of sixty percent (60%) Lake Forest residents and must submit a valid 501(c)(3) number with their rental application. Non-profit organizations may be required to submit proof of residency at the time of the reservation request.
3. For purposes of this Policy, a "resident" is defined as any individual living or working in the City of Lake Forest.
4. Lake Forest businesses may reserve meeting rooms in City Facilities. For purposes of this Policy, a "Lake Forest" business is one that has a physical site or location within the City. Such businesses shall not use City Facilities for commercial purposes, such as selling or vending goods or services of any kind during a rental reservation, charging a fee or tuition, or accepting any consideration from attendees during a rental reservation, if the profits, fees, or other consideration accepted generate funds for the business.
5. Public agencies may reserve City Facilities if the purpose of the meeting is to benefit or serve Lake Forest residents.
6. Reservation requests will be granted based on the availability of City staff to supervise the event.
7. The City reserves the right to deny an applicant's rental request if the applicant does not fit the criteria provided in this Policy, or the applicant or anyone in the applicant's group has previously violated any rule in this Policy.
8. All entities other than the City are limited to a maximum of twelve (12) one-day reservations per year.
9. Reservations may be made as early as forty-five (45) days prior to the applicant's event but must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance of the event date.
10. Reservations for City-sponsored activities will take priority at all times. The City reserves the right to cancel a reservation for a non-City sponsored event for any reason. If the City cancels such a reservation, the applicant's fees will be refunded to the applicant.
11. Except for public agencies using the City Facilities, rental fees to use the City Facilities will be assessed on an hourly basis with a minimum of two hours. Public agencies shall not be charged a fee to use City Facilities. Nonprofit organizations shall be charged the rate of zero dollars ($0) per hour for a small meeting room at Sports Park or the large Community Room at City Hall, and zero dollars ($0) per hour for a large meeting room at Sports Park. Businesses shall be charged the hourly rate of sixty dollars ($60) per hour for a small meeting room at Sports Park or the large Community Room at City Hall, and one hundred twenty dollars ($120) for a large meeting room at Sports Park. City Facilities fees are adopted via Council resolution.
12. Cleaning deposits of up to $300 shall be required of all applicants (including public agencies), and payment must be received at the time the reservation is made. Cleaning deposits will be refunded within thirty (30) days of the reservation date, provided that rental facilities do not require additional cleaning, maintenance, or repair to be deducted from cleaning deposits. Whether additional cleaning, maintenance, or repair is needed shall be in the City's sole and absolute discretion.
13. All required fees must be paid at the time the reservation is made.
14. Proof of insurance, as required and approved by the City's Risk Manager, is required for reservations for groups of fifty (50) or more persons. Among other things, the certificate of insurance must demonstrate that the City, its officials, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers have been named as additional insured on the applicant's insurance policy providing coverage for bodily injury and property damage as a result of the applicant's use of the City Facility.
15. Insurance must be approved at least seven (7) days prior to the event date. Inadequate insurance may be cause for the City to cancel a rental reservation.
16. Reservation cancellations will be required in writing, which must be received from the applicant at least four (4) working days prior to the event. Upon cancellation, rental fees will be refunded to the applicant, subject to a fifteen dollar ($15) administrative fee.
17. Rentals are subject to all applicable City of Lake Forest ordinances.
18. Pursuant to Government Code Section 3207, City Facilities shall not be used for political events, including, without limitation, campaign meetings or political rallies.
19. No alcohol shall be allowed to be served, consumed, or otherwise present during any rental of the City Facilities.
20. All reservations must end no later than the time listed in the rental permit. Groups must be cleaned up and out of the room at this time.
21. The group or organization is responsible for the cleanliness of the room upon completion of the reservation.