On January 21, 2020, the City Council conducted a public hearing on the Meadows Residential project (also referred to as the “Nakase Planned Community”) and approved the following related applications:
• General Plan Amendment 05-17-5033 to change the land use designation of the site to Residential, Public Facility, and Community and Regional Park/Open Space;
• Zone Change 05-17-5034 to change the zoning of the site to Nakase Planned Community;
• Area Plan 05-18-5166 to establish the design and character for the master planned residential community;
• Vesting Tentative Tract Map 18142 (“VTTM for the subdivision of the site;
• Development Agreement with the developer to establish the rights and obligations of each party and to identify the public benefits of the project; and
• An Environmental Impact Report (“EIR”), which was prepared for the project and analyzed potential project-related environmental impacts.
In addition, each neighborhood in the community will require Planning Commission approval of a Site Development Permit. The Planning Commission will review the site plan, floor plans, architecture, and landscaping for the neighborhood for compliance with the City’s Zoning requirements, the City’s General Plan, and the Approved “Nakase Property” Area Plan. As of April 2021, the Planning Commission has not approved any Site Development Permits for this project.
For any questions on the entitlements for this project, please email Marie Luna, Senior Planner or call her at (949) 461-3466
Toll Brothers West, Inc., the project developer, has been issued permits for rough grading at the site. Grading activities are currently occurring on site.
If you have any questions or concerns about grading activities at the site, please contact the City through our "Ask Lake Forest" online system or contact Doug Erdman, Engineering Manager/Assistant City Engineer at (949) 282-5233.
For any after hours issues at the site, please contact the O.C. Sheriff's Department's non-emergency dispatch at (949) 770-6011.
If there are any excessive dust issues at the site, please contact the Southern California Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) at 1(800) 288-7664.
For sales information regarding the Meadows Residential Community, please visit the Toll Brothers website: https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-homes-for-sale/California/The-Meadows