2018 Calendar Contest
Thank you for your participation! Winners will be notified in December.
"Lake Forest Lights" Holiday Lighting Contest
Do you or a neighbor like to decorate for the holidays? Share with us for a chance to be a part of the first “Lake Forest Lights” tour! Simply:
- Snap a photo of your home.
- Visit the City’s Facebook page online @lakeforestca.
- Look for the tab that says “Lake Forest Lights” in the left hand corner of the page.
- Upload your photo and tag it #lakeforestlights by Sunday, December 10.
- You can also simply upload a photo to Instagram and tag it with #lakeforestlights
- Maximum of two submissions per home.
- Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Lake Forest.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Employees of Lake Forest are not eligible to participate.
- Entries must be submitted no later than 6 p.m. on Sunday, December 10, 2017
- Participants must include an address with their submission. Submissions will be published for residents to visit locations and see decorations outside of photos.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Viewing will be done from outside the residence only.
- Judging will take place via community vote on images submitted via Facebook and Instagram. Only those decorations depicted in the image will be judged.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the City Website, social media, and/or published in the City’s newsletter. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Residents of winning homes will be recognized at the December 19 regular meeting of the City Council.
- Be creative, be festive, have fun!
The City has the right to unlimited use of entrant names and photos for, but not limited to, programs, publicity, promotions, newsletters, and on the City’s website and City Facebook page without compensation to entrant. All photos submitted become the property of the City of Lake Forest and will not be returned.