Sportswriter ContestIf you have a passion for a particular sport, here’s your chance to share it with the community. Selected articles will be published in future editions of The Leaflet. In 300 words or less, submit an article to email@example.com about any sports-related topic. From writing about a popular sport, to describing plays, mind blowing games, the atmosphere, fans, or any other sports angle, there’s plenty to write about.
Deadline: Monday, May 22
Say It and Obey It Leash Tips Contest
Deadline: Tuesday, May 30
As part of the Dogs on Leashes campaign, community members are encouraged to share a tip on how to train or manage their dog to be on a leash. Tips can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be compiled to be published in the July/August Leaflet magazine. This contest is intended to educate, encourage, and raise awareness of dog leash laws. All dogs must be on a leash (no longer than 6') when frequenting any city park. It's the law!
Fourth of July Sweepstakes
Deadline: Monday, June 19
Watch the parade with your family and friends VIP style! All you have to do is "like" the City's Facebook page and tell us what you are looking forward to at this year's parade under the "Fourth of July Facebook Sweepstakes" post (image to the right). Winners will be randomly selected and announced on the same day at 5:00 p.m. on Facebook. Winners will receive parade t-shirts and swag to show their patriotic pride at this fun community event!
2018 Calendar Contest
Theme: Will be released on June 1st
Get your cameras ready and why not start taking pictures? The calendar contest showcases the beauty and lifestyle in Lake Forest with winning photos featured in annual community calendar.
Entries must be submitted at www.asklakeforest.com or emailed to email@example.com before Monday, October 16, 2017.
Rules and Guidelines
• Photos must be submitted in horizontal orientation.
• There is no payment or fee required to submit a photo.
• The entrant must be the photographer of the photo entered.
• Digital photos should be in JPEG format (high resolution) and be a maximum of 1 MB.
• Entrants will be required to name any identifiable persons appearing in their photo, and confirm that the identifiable persons have given consent to having their picture taken and entered into the contest with all “Rights and Use” conditions applying. If photos include minors, signed parental consent forms are required.
• Photographer’s full name
• Email address
• Description of each photo, including location or event
Winning photos will be selected by the City's Park and Recreation Commissioners with winners recognized at a future Commission meeting.
Right of Use
The City has the right to unlimited use of entrant names and photos for, but not limited to, programs, publicity, promotions, newsletters, and on the City’s website and City Facebook page without compensation to entrant. All photos submitted become the property of the City of Lake Forest and will not be returned.