Park Rules and Regulations
To preserve the quality of all Lake Forest parks, and provide a clean and healthy environment, please consider the following rules:
- No bounce houses are allowed at any Lake Forest parks.
- Tents and Barbeques are prohibited in all Lake Forest parks.
- No alcohol of any type is allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in any of the park picnic shelters.
- No vehicles are allowed on the park grounds at any time.
- The use of amplified music is prohibited.
- No staples may be placed in the wood picnic shelter structure. Masking or Painters Tape is acceptable. All tape and decorations must be removed at conclusion of the event. A damage fee may be assessed if the shelter is not cleaned appropriately.
- Dogs must be on a leash no longer than six feet in length. Be sure to clean up after your dog! “Doggie bags” are provided for your convenience.
- Dispose of all trash in the provided receptacles. If you have trash that will not fit in the City-provided containers, you must bag it and take the trash with you.
- Dunk tanks, train rides, and children’s petting zoos are prohibited.
- Fire is allowed in designated barbeque areas only. If you are using a provided barbeque, please remove the hot coals with your own shovel and place hot coals in the “hot coals” bins.
- No advertising is allowed in City Parks.
- A reservation is limited to 50 total participants. If you anticipate more than 50 people at your party, you must apply for a special event permit.
- Issued permits entitle you to reserve the shelter area only and not the entire park.
- Residents may reserve a park shelter up to three months ahead of the requested event date. Non-residents may reserve a park shelter no more than one month ahead of the requested date.
- Park shelter reservations may not be made less than two days prior to your party.