Trash & Recycling
Residents with questions can call the City's Public Works Department, visit CR&R's website, or contact their customer service at (949) 625-6735.
- Trash schedules will remain the same.
- Carts should be placed at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Place carts side-by-side approximately 1' foot apart and at least 3' feet from any obstruction (e.g. fire hydrant/trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing away from the street.
- Please remove your carts from the curbside area within 12 hours after service.
- Items not in carts will not be collected.
If the holiday falls on a day during the week, collection will follow one day behind.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Residents may order the following size(s) of containers:
- 35-gallon automated cart 28.50"H x 19.25" W x 24.25"D
- 65-gallon automated cart 41.75"H x 24.25" W x 31.75"D
- 95-gallon automated cart 43.25"H x 29.75" W x 35.25"D
Household Hazardous Waste
CR&R will hold HHW collection events twice annually for the collection of items listed below as part of your regular service at no additional cost. Examples
- Auto Fluids
- Cleaning Products
- Paint and Solvents
- Pool Chemicals
- Non-Empty Aerosol Cans
CR&R will provide up to two (2) bulky item collections per calendar year. A bulky item consists of up to four (4) items per pick-up or up to 20 bundles or bags of green waste. The service is provided at no additional cost. In addition, you may schedule a free pick-up of pure recyclable materials such as flattened cardboard boxes or paper.
Common bulky items include:
- Excess Green Waste
- Sleeper Couches
Electronic Waste (for a nominal fee)
- Computer Peripherals
- Digital Cameras
- Microwave Devices
- VCRs/DVD Players
Universal Waste (for a nominal fee)
- Batteries (Other than Automotive)
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Heat Lamps Containing Mercury
- Thermostats Containing Mercury
Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas tree recycling will occur annually for a full two (2) weeks following December 25th. Leave your undecorated tree at the curb near your trash cans on your regular pick-up day. Be sure to remove all decorations such as ornaments, tinsel, lights, and the tree stand. Trees taller than six feet must be cut in half. Residents can also cut their trees and place them in the green waste bin during or after holiday tree collection. Flocked trees will be collected but cannot be recycled. For more information, visit www.crrwasteservices.com.
OC Waste & Recycling - Disposal Services
Types of Sharps
- Hypodermic Needles
- Pen Needles
- Intravenous Needles
- Other devices that are used to penetrate the skin for the delivery of medications
It is unlawful to dispose of sharps in your waste receptacles. California Health and Safety Code require that all sharps waste be disposed of in an approved collection container. Discarded needles may expose waste workers to potential needle stick injuries and risk of infection. For information regarding proper disposal of sharps, visit the County of Orange’s website at http://oclandfills.com/hazardous/disposal.
Types of Products
- Pharmaceutical Prescription Drugs
- Pharmaceutical Over-the-Counter Medications
- Pharmaceutical Veterinary Medications